Thursday, July 24, 2008

First time for everything

Well, I've read about it happening, saw it on sitcoms, but never had it happen to me until today. I slept late today -- partly because I think I needed it and partly because it's Thursday and I just felt like being lazy. I went to the kitchen for my normal morning routine (breakfast, coffee for William, lunch for both of us, etc). I poured my cereal in the bowl and pulled down a juice glass for my OJ. I sat the glass next to the bowl. I grabbed the OJ out of the fridge and took the cap off and held it over my cereal but then pulled it back (so you're thinking, wow, good catch...not really -- keep reading!). I pull it back because I realize I hadn't shook it yet! So I commence to shake it up nicely and then proceed to pour it on my cinnamon toast crunch. And pour quite a lot thinking "That doesn't look right" before realizing what I was doing!
The really sad part is that out of my purely accounting and cheap ways, I refused to waste the cereal and poured milk over it and ate it anyway. Now, that you're all extremely disgusted by that, let me assure you, it wasn't that bad. I had to laugh at myself this morning!! And now that I'm posting about it-- I wish I had grabbed my camera in the other room and snapped a picture of my orange juice cinnamon toasters.
And on a positive note: I didn't drink the "milk/oj" in the bottom of the bowl after the cereal was gone, so it saved me on some calories in the Kraft foods dietary journal!! LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha!! Wait until you have kids and have slept like 2 hours in 8 weeks and see what craziness you do then!!!

Kristi said...

LOL, heheheheh...funny!

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

I poured buttermilk into the bacon drippings for gravy one morning. We did not eat it! I didn't tell your daddy. He was just happy to have bacon with his eggs that morning.
Love,
Mom