Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth Weekend


We have had a very busy week/weekend! We purchased tickets to the Miss SC pageant that occured this past week. It was so exciting to see this live. The finals were on Saturday night and I can't explain the change in the excitement from watching a new queen crowned on TV than seeing it in person. I had so much fun being there with William!

We celebrated our day off by lounging around the house -- well, William did and I cleaned up the house but I enjoy doing that when I know I have another full day off the next day to relax! Friday night, we had a fish fry at his sister's house. William had a job frying fish at a fish camp when he was in highschool so helping his dad fry fish tonight brought back fond memories. We had scallops, flounder, french fries, onion rings and hush puppies. Basically anything you can bread and drop in a vat of greese, we ate it! It was delicious!

Adrian's parents and his sister and her family joined us. Natalie enjoyed playing with her cousins. We all took turns on feeding/holding/changing David, Ethan, and Eva.

Then we finished the night with fireworks in the street. (Which I didn't take pictures of because I'm a fan of fireworks from a distance -- not close at hand!) I watched from inside the house. And yes, this coming from a girl who had sparklers waved at her as she left from her wedding! lol!
William volunteered to hold Ethan so Lyn could eat -- we were shocked at his offer and enjoyed watching him gather instructions on how hold him and how to hold the bottle, etc. He managed with flying colors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

William does look nice with a baby in his arms!!!
Deepfryer or baby bottle--William can handle either like a pro!
Love,
Mom

Kristi said...

Mrs. Anna, you're not trying to drop a subtle hint are you? ha

Loved the pics. Looks like y'all had a good time your holiday weekend.

~Kristi