Were you worried?? I do apologize for my lack of posts over the last few days. Life has brought me that holiday rush already! The time when everything speeds up and you spin out of control for about the span of 2 months until Dec 26th and you try to catch your breath right before heading out the door for all the after Christmas specials!
Just a few updates:
I have continued to take pictures of friends and family and now have my first official meeting with a bride to be tomorrow! I'm busily trying to figure out my prices and how I want to market myself and how I want the conversation to go tomorrow. She is getting married in 3 weeks so time is of the essence.
House plans - we are moving right along but apparently DHEC is in no hurry to approve things. We are waiting on the various and sundry approvals that our builder needs before he can go grab a shovel and get started. The bank situation has been interesting too. I won't share too many details since we haven't finalized anything but let's just say, it's been quite and interesting experience and a lot different than I would have imagined. I'm very thankful for my detail oriented husband who lets nothing slip by! I'm sure these bankers have never felt the scrutiny of trying to loan money to 2 former auditors!
Family life is grand. The Acosta babies were out of town this past weekend so we missed our weekly dose of baby. I'm sure we'll be starving for it by the time we see them next Sunday. I've gotten to spend some quality time with my mom lately -- helping her with school projects. I complain at times, but really I enjoy her company even if I do have to help her with powerpoint. :) ANd I love that she "pays" me with fun gifts!
Immediate Family life has been grand too. It's been grand all the time (with the occasional disagreement here and there) but lately it seems that it's been SUPER grand. I don't know if it's the excitement of building or if it's the chillier weather but we've just really been having some great times together. For awhile we had started getting in that "so busy we barely see each other phase of life" and now things are starting to slow down or we're just busy doing the same things so it's nice. God has blessed us with a wonderful marriage and I'm very thankful to Him for bringing William into my life. Our Pastor has been doing the fireproof series (a series of sermons around the Fireproof movie). We have yet to see it -- but if we hold off long enough, I feel like Pastor Hank will show us all of it in clips each week! LOL. This sermon series has really helped to bring us closer too. With so many marriages falling apart, it makes me even more thankful for my marriage and watch that much more for the pitfalls that can work there way into a marriage and destroy it.
I've missed writing to all of you! I hope you have had a great Monday!
Katie
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment