Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A dancing floor!

Dad called this afternoon and asked if I was dancing in my kitchen and I thought that a strange question because I wasn't aware that they would have made that much progress today. But when William arrived home from work, we took our daily trip to the lot and saw a floor! Oh it was so pretty (it wasn't completely finished yet-- but it was still very pretty!)
I grinned from ear to ear as I walked over our first floor and tried to imagine the different rooms. Our master bedroom is so very big! I stood over where the window seat will be and just dreamed of all the wonderful afternoons sitting up there and looking out across our backyard.
The other interesting feeling was how high off the ground we were and we were still on the first floor. We are really hoping Mark can fill that yard in and build up the yard so the house doesn't look so high! But either way - it's gorgeous!
I was able to stand where the front door would be and look into the entry way and the stair well
and I could see where our 9 foot tree will be! I cannot explain how my heart fluttered when I saw that and realized what I was looking at.
These are exciting times for us. I love how our families are able to stop by and check on the progress daily. William's dad walks over there almost daily to check on things and my dad stops by on his way to and from work at Michelin. I love how everyone is able to keep up with the progress and is excited about it. After all the wood and construction part is finished up, then I'll be enlisting the visits from my mom and Laura to help me figure out what kind of colors to put inside this thing! :)
After we visited the house, we drove over to William's boss's house to view his remodel project. He is framing up his attic to make two more bedrooms. It looks really good. It was fun to visit him and see what his house is turning into.
See the Christmas tree spot -- it's in the square in the center of the steps leading upward! Oh it's going to be so pretty at Christmas time! (and the way we're moving and the weather delays...that'll be about the time we move in! LOL!)

No comments: